C# Web Application Developer / Architect
Web-Site and Applications Development, with Databases and System Architechture;
Preferred locations central London / South East England.
Acute Art is a company engaged in the production, display and sales of Artistic Images, Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality. I worked remotely with video-meetings and work review documents.
See below for company description. I was asked by my former boss to create a prototype web-site using C# dotnet Core on the Azure cloud platform. To contain a Questionnaire sub-system; complete with Builder. To help convert their web-sites for Azure Cloud app-services. The delivered prototype web-site and supporting documentation, for the software department to help moving to the Azure Cloud services. Using C# ASP.net Core 3.0, Razor-Pages, EF Core 3.0 and Azure DevOps, Portal and SQL. View Documentation; Prototype web-site 'kbd2.azurewebsites.net'.
'Fredrickson International Limited' aka 'Freds', is a debt collection agency, and part of the Lowell Group.
'Freds' is involved in the collection of outstanding debt of customers, for a number of clients. Initially using ASP.net C# MVC web-pages; then prior to closure, switched to maintenance of VB6, VB.net and SQL queries, with some C# MVC. Unit-Tests written in C#, along with BDD, DDD, BA and architectural design.
I produced metrics of current database tables, with current data-dictionary usage and DPA regulation implementation; to modify to reflect GDPR requirements.
Responsible for design of augmented data-dictionary to support the expanded remit of the GDPR regarding Retention and Anonymisation.
The paradigm for data-retention was re-written for greater control of data and encompass the entire company data-set.
Sample of Documentation: View Documentation
The sub-system process calls to handle these had a number of problems, spread over both VB6 DLL and VB.net DLLs; with duplications and variations.
I merged the variations and moved functions to the VB.net DLL; adding routines to the DLLs without recompiling existing applications.
The consultations with stakeholders was fully supported by diagrams, showing the impact and envisioned solution; along with a document showing all impacted function calls in the entire code-base.
Samples of Documentation: View Document, View Diagrams
Error in web-site logic caused incorrect display of alert-message. Discussed circumstance with reporter and derived correct logic. Modified web-page and supporting DLL to enact, using ASP.net MVC.
Job title: Senior Software Developer/Architect. My duties also involved 3rd line support for our Users and Customer problems.
The Stanley Davis Group is mainly concerned with financial services, with over half of all the UK's Company Formations business, and a large part of UK and Ireland's Local Authority Property Search requests; also Company Secretary Support services and Over-seas Company management. Consolidated numerous legacy web-sites into new C# MVC web-site with updated back-end using EF. Re-engineered 'Property Search' system and intranet web-site.
Pick-up ancient code-base, circa 2004, and re-engineered internal and external processes and database, with a new intranet web-site.
I included the involvement of stakeholders in the design process to ensure a good fit to user requirements and business objectives, using RAD-SSADM techniques, over 4 cycles of design and deployment. The initially delivered system comprised C# coding in both MVC5 and Web-form styles depending on web-page usage, with some J-Query scripts to speed the user interface, along with extensive re-design of the database system, using SQL, LINQ and EF. Design process involved guided User Workflow process control to improve automation, coupled to 'Source-Model-Object' pattern use and State-Machines. The recording of state and user interaction,along with error messages, was a requirement.
I brought this project from conception, through Stakeholder reviews of Alpha and Beta releases, to final Initial Release V1.0 and then Pilot-run with 'Live' data and External users. The upgrade was well received by all stakeholders and users as a vast improvement.
I had worked for this company a number of times on a contract basis, before taking a permanent job. At the time they were a publisher of 'Health and Safety' training videos on CDs with associated pamphlets and software applications; but due to changing market conditions, new business dried up and existing customers were going to the competition. The web-site had over 250,000 registered users and was 'badged' by a number of related organisation to provide comprehensive H&S training, when I left.
I was tasked with creating an internet based training system that would comprise both on-line training and training management control. After some prototyping solutions and a market testing exercise, a web-application was created; this improved the company's fortunes and allowed then to expand in both terms of staff and associated revenue streams. I performed this work 'at home' with regular visits to the company's main premises, combined with weekly progress reports and tele-conf sessions.
The web-site started out as ASP with VBScript in 2004 on my web-server, before migrating to ASP.net using VB.net on a remote server, for the Initial release. This soon moved to C#.net and dual redundant servers with full video playback and interaction; a later version used some C#.net MVC web-pages. A smart-phone application was added later on, for which I did the initial feasibility study; but a team a developers from Pakistan did the 'Apps'.